G Shock DW-5600EG-9 Fox Fire

I don't usually buy G Shock from local online seller. After offloading some of my collection due to personal reasons, the temptation of buying G Shock coming back after I met Bobostrobos who regularly sms me asking questions about G Shock. Last Friday I came across a local website who selling this pre-loved watch at an affordable price. I made a phone call to him and the rest is history.
The watch is professionally packed and what amazed me is that I also received a receipt for my purchased. Cool.
This is a G Shock DW-5600EG-9. Number 9 represents yellow color and uses a 1545 module. It is made in Korea C
The previous owner has replaced the original bezel and band with after market parts. That's why you see a white protection and G Shock wording on the bezel. The band also does not match with the model. Surprisingly he put a DW6600/DW6900 band on it. I still haven't decided yet whether I would replace the band or keep as it is.
I have owned a G Shock DW-5600EG-9 before but I have sold it long ago. I knew where to get the original band with gold buckle for it but the price was too high for me.
But this one is special. It has a Fox Fire instead of illuminator.
I am over the moon when I received the watch and does not clean the dial properly. The module and glass was still in great shape with no visible scratch on it.
The previous owner does not keep the watch manual or box anymore. I am considering myself very luck to own this watch.
This watch was released on June 1996 and has been discontinued.
Picture above shows my DW5600 Fox Fire with my other Fox Fire collection, the DW-6900A-2JF and DW-6600B-1A.
I always looking for newer G Shock model when I surf the Internet but ended up with these three 0ld style G Shock model, the DW5600, DW6900 and DW6600. Maybe I just can live without it. Picture above shows my DW-5600EG-9 Fox Fire with his new friends.
Now lets sing a song...

(If you're happy and you know it)

If you're happy and you know it,
Clap your hands
(Clap hands twice)
If you're happy and you know it,
Then your face will surely show it
If you're happy and you know it,
Clap your hands.

(Clap hands twice)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails