G Shock Vice Eye GL-100A-2JF

Pictures update 13/07/2009

For about a year and a half I been dreaming about buying this watch, a DW004 Vice Eye. I still remember when I bought the DW6900 that day, this watch was sitting next to it.

So when I got the opportunity to buy another G Shock, I went straight to that shop an lucky for me the G Shock was still there. The shop owner still recognized me so it is easier for me to bargain a bit. I still remember it has a purple eye but couldn't remember the bezel. Actually it's a GL 100 series model
When I bring it home I still didn't notice the model very much until I search the web. It's a Casio G Shock GL-100A-2JF Vice Eye

It has a 2226 module inside and has bee made in Japan Y. It was released at the end of 2000

Text below are the translated version from the Japan offical g-shock web site

"Since many of the common sense of覆SHI G-SHOCK watch model underlying the purple blue of "VICE EYE (Vice Eye)" series.
All nine types, giving a purple ring of silver Kamiita each character, the Face仕上GARIMASHITA sharp. The G-SHOCK LCD also features a clear LCD first. EL backlight emitting light when the character of the segment, and cool people.
(※ VICE where the evil will of evil)"


The “Vice Eye” has “rear-projection” illumination, if you know what I mean, so the “transparent” numbers and letters light up against a dark background rather than the other way around, making for a cool and unusual effect. Both watches turn on illumination by pushing the “G” button below the face, it also has auto-EL, triggered by tilting your wrist. I believe it is one of the first of this type

Changing modes causes an animated reconstruction of each succeeding screen, rather than the usual all at once transition. A line of dashes appears first - - - - - -, then it multiplies into several lines, and those morph into the display.

I knew there were a Vice Eye series G Shock out there but couldn't find much information about it from the net.

The above picture shows the different between the DW004 and GL100

However it has the same comfortable protector on the back. Some of the text above I found from the net. I thinks those words really tells about this watch. I hope you guys will find more info from the net. Until then, G Shock rocks...
SOLD

2 comments:

mr genki said...

bro, dpt g shock baru nampak...kwn ada 1 tp tak sure model apa...minat gak nak kumpul g shock tp tak tau nk beli kt mana?

sah_kul said...

Hi, nak tau model apa tgk nombor kt blkg jam. Tp bukan nombor yg dlm kotak. Kt sini byk outlet jual GS tp tgk la u suka yg mcm mana. Ada beribu model. Suka yg vintage (Japan,Msia,Korea)atau new style(Thailand). Utk dptkan idea pg tgk kt angsana tkt 3...kalau nak dpt yg relic kna byk survey...tp collect GS mmg cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails